Brooklyn Mixed Beginners Ba Gua
This class is an introduction to Ba Gua Zhang and an opportunity for new students to build a personal practice that will grant them access to the full range of Ba Gua’s benefits.
Weekly feedback, corrections and review will accelerate the development of integrated body mechanics, alignments and martial skills.
Many students choose to take this intensive multiple times to solidify their foundation in the fundamentals of Ba Gua Zhang.
The curriculum will cover:
- Wu Ji Zhan Zhuang - neutral standing practice
- Yu Bei Shi - preparatory posture
- Yin Yang slapping
- San Ti Zhan Zhuang - old monk holds up the alms bowl standing practice
- Joint rotations
- Standing piercing palm
- Slow walk
- Crane step
- Phoenix walk
- Kou bu/bai bu linear stepping
- Sparrow hawk penetrates the forest w/ linear stepping
- Old monk holds up the alms bowl with Yin Yang stepping