Root of Movement, LLC (ROM)/Root of Movement Internal Arts/Duce Enterprises, LLC
1) Our Core Policy Regarding User Privacy & Data Protection
- We respect user privacy and data protection
- We only collect and store data that is absolutely necessary to deliver our services
- You can opt out of any of our newsletters and programs whenever you wish
- We will never sell, rent, distribute or make public your personal information
2) Personal Information this Website Collects and Why We Collect It
- This website collects and uses personal information for the following purposes:
2a) Site visitation tracking
- Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
- Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
2b) Our Blog
- In order to further protect your privacy we no longer publish comments on our articles or blogs. This will help protect the privacy of your user name and IP address. If you have a question you can contact us via the Contact Form on our website. See item 2c below.
2c) Contact Forms
- Should you choose to contact us using the contact form on our website, the form is designed to send us an email with your question or concern. By using the web form you acknowledge that we will collect and store your email address and name in order to be able write you back. If you would like your name and email to be deleted from the web form, you can request this information to be deleted and we will delete it within a few days.
- We suggest that you always consider email to be insecure medium and not include personal, confidential or otherwise sensitive information within an email or the web form. Therefore, please do not use the webform to contact us regarding personal information.
2d) Email Newsletter
- If you choose to join our email newsletter, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to MailChimp who provides our email marketing services. We consider MailChimp to be a third party data processor (see item 5 below). The email address that you submit will not be stored within this website’s own database or in any of our internal computer systems.
- Your email address will remain within MailChimp’s database for as long as we continue to use MailChimp’s services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. MailChimp allows you to opt-out at any time. To opt-out from our email newsletter, use the unsubscribe link contained in any email newsletter we send you.
- If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter.
- While your email address remains within the MailChimp database, you will receive several newsletter-style emails from us.
2e) Online Learning and Class Registrations
- If you purchase one of our online learning programs we will have access to your email through a 3rd party provider when one is selected. (see item 5 below). We may occasionally access this information in order to contact you about future programs.
- If you register for one of our in person classes, we have access to your email, name, address through our partner Paypal. We only access this information in order to create class registration lists, update you on class details and changes, and to process refunds if necessary.
- We do not have access to your financial information with Paypal.
2f) Opt-Out Option
- Subscribers to our newsletter are given the opportunity to “opt-out” at any time via a link at the bottom of each email.
- ROM does not sell, rent, or loan our e-mail subscriber list to any third parties.
3) How we Store your Personal Information
- The only occasion where personal data is stored on this website is if you submit a question through our webform. The webform only includes your name, email address and phone number (if requested) and no other information. Your name and email can be deleted upon your request.
4) About this Website’s Server
5) Our Third Party Data Processors
- We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation set out by GDPR.
6) Data Breaches
- We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
Data Protection and Security
- We have implemented extensive precautions to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We make every effort to provide for the constant integrity and security or our network and systems; however, we cannot guarantee that our protective measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information.
- Our partners (PayPal) utilize the latest 128-bit SSL Security for all Event Registration and Online Learning and all other instances where personal information is being submitted electronically. This can be found where the URL address https://www.rootofmovement.com/classes/; https://www.rootofmovement.com/corporatewellness/; and https://www.rootofmovement.com/gifts.
- Personal information that you provide via our partners resides on a secure server and is only accessible via password. Records of all site activity, subscription and registration data, and any other personal information of ROM visitors are kept private and under the control of the system administrator. We ensure security by strictly limiting employee access to, and use of, this information.
- If the contents of these directories are ever copied or relocated, they will be transmitted in a secure form. We have never printed user data, but in the unusual event that we would need to, each copy will be number controlled so that all copies can be collected and destroyed (shredded) when no longer is use.
9) In Conclusion: Conditions of Use
- It is ROM's policy not to use or share any personal information about visitors in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you with an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses. However, we may disclose personal information about visitors, or information regarding your use of this site or web sites accessible through this site, at our discretion if we believe that it is reasonable to do so. Such instances may include the need to satisfy laws such as the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, regulations, or governmental or legal requests for such information; to disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Acceptable Use Policy or other user policies, to operate the site properly; or to protect other users.
- If you are accessing the site from within the European Union, your continued use of the site constitutes your freely given, specific and informed consent to have any personal information you provide to us processed in the United States of America in accordance with this policy.